Here you can find information regarding past, current, and sometimes near-future teaching of mine at Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte. Information about previous teaching experiences can be found in my CV;
I post reviews, grades & feedback from my students as soon as they become available to me.
This semester (2023.2)
List of courses taught (since 2016.1)
- Mathematical Foundations for Computation I (FMC1)
2016.1; 2016.2 (2); 2019.2 [lecture videos]; 2020.1→.6; 2020.2 (2); 2021.1; 2021.2 (2); 2022.1; 2022.2 [lecture videos]; 2023.2;
- Mathematical Foundations for Computation II (FMC2)
2016.1; 2017.1 (2); 2017.2 (1+⅔); 2018.1; 2018.2 (1+⅓) [lecture videos]; 2019.1 (1+⅔) [lecture videos]; 2020.1→.6 (2); 2021.1; 2022.1; 2022.2 (⅓); 2023.1 [lecture videos];
- Functional Programming
2018.1; 2019.2 [lecture videos]; 2022.2;
- Category theory & order theory
2018.1; 2021.2; 2023.1;
- Proof theory & type theory
- Denotational Semantics of Programming Languages
- General Topology
- Sets, Functions, Relations
In collaboration with João Marcos and a few colleagues and students, we have created and defended this proposal which was voted against by the the commitee of my department (NB: in such commitee there were 0 profs working in related areas). Nevertheless, we have applied our work to our methodology for teaching the courses FMC1, FMC2, and FMC3.
My teaching of FMC1 & FMC2, since 2022.1, consists of the following sub-modules:
- Introduction to Mathematical Proof (using the theory of integers) [IDMa]
U1 of FMC1, taught 4h/week during the first half of the semester;
- Introduction to Mathematical Proof (using the theory of real numbers) [IDMb]
U2 of FMC1, taught 4h/week during the second half of the semester;
- Introduction to Recursion and Induction (using functional programming) [IRI]
U3 of FMC1, taught 2h/week during the whole semester;
- Sets, Functions, Relations I [CFR1]
U1 of FMC2, taught 4h/week during the first half of the semester;
- Sets, Functions, Relations II [CFR2]
U2 of FMC2, taught 4h/week during the second half of the semester;
- Introduction to Algebraic Structures [IEA]
U3 of FMC2, taught 2h/week during the whole semester.
To help students who wish to self-study the material mencioned above—for any reason whatsoever—I have created sites (including playlists), better suited for this use: courses prepared for self-study.
- Typesetting correctly with TeX and friends: 2016.1; 2017.1; 2018.2 [lecture videos]
- Introduction to Haskell: 2017.1
- Unix tools and philosophy 2016.2; 2018.1; 2019.2
Teaching assistance projects
Projeto de Monitoria FMCn [fmc.imd.ufrn.br]
Teaching assistance project for the theoretical computer science and pure math-oriented courses (notably Mathematical Foundations for Computation I, II, III).
I created this project in 2017, and it has been successfully renewed with funding (scholarships) each year ever since (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023).
(Info on my teaching assistants on a separate page.)
Other related projects
- haskell.imd.ufrn.br: functional programming with Haskell
- TeX.imd.ufrn.br: TEX programming and typesetting
- unix.imd.ufrn.br: unix programming